Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Sandy "Gift"

The kids had a very full day. To top it off, we had a picnic dinner on a tablecloth that I laid out on the floor of the screened-in porch. (They had just gotten into the sandbox in their wet bathing suits as I finished preparing dinner, and I wasn't about to invite that into the house!)

As we sat and ate dinner, I noticed this little gem that someone had left me on the screen right next to the door. Can you see the perfect little sandy hand print to the left of the flower pot? Isn't it precious? I've been having pangs of "they're growing up too quickly" lately, and this was a nice little...gift, of sorts. :-)

Now don't get me wrong. I still despise grimy smears on the computer screen, television, windows, storm door, etc, etc. But this perfect hand print just seems...nice. It won't be too long before we'll have such bigger issues to deal with than a few pesky little finger and hand prints all over everything. I wonder if I'll ever miss them...

1 comment:

  1. You will definitely miss them! I do.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete