Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm Back!

Last Thursday, Jim and I boarded a charter bus and headed to Wildwood, NJ...with three other chaperons and 33 of our closest teenage friends. :-) Jim's Indoor Percussion Ensemble competed in the multi-day championships held at the convention center there. The entire four-day excursion revolved around practicing and competing...oh, and a bit of free time on the boardwalk, on the beach, and in the pool. Actually, I must admit that I believe eating was the activity that we spent the most time engaged in - second only to drumming!

The kids did a spectacular job all weekend in their performances and overall behavior. They performed their best show ever Saturday evening at Finals (good time to peak, eh?), and placed 2nd in the "World" Class (highest classification, with the lowest of 4 or 5 classes being "Novice," I think...).

Jim's parents stayed at our house with the kids from Thursday at 10:00 a.m. until Sunday at 4:00 p.m. All four of them had a terrific time and were very TIRED when Jim and I got back! :-) Needless to say, I have A LOT to catch up on here at home. This is also a CRAZY week for me, and I'm a bit under the weather with allergies. Soooooo, I'll do my best to get my act together soon and post a more detailed account of the trip a.s.a.p.

Here's a single pic of Jim and "his kids" on the CHILLY beach Friday afternoon...more later! Jim's on the far bottom right of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment