Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Still Hangin' in There...

So the basement is worse than we thought. When we pulled the carpet up to remove the wet (and repulsive) padding, we discovered that the "ick" continues much further into the rooms than we initially thought. Instead of only needing to cut out about 6 feet of padding in both rooms, we found ourselves shoving furniture and piles of stuff further and further. In the club room, my guess is that the water damage is about 15 feet in, and in the music room it may be a mere 10 or 12. Sigh...

With this never-ending...excitement, yeah...in our lives, I still haven't gotten to go through my beach pics thoroughly. ...but I might have broken down and peeked a little...and then somehow ended up editing a few...just a few!

Here's one of my favorites of Benjamin on the Assawoman Bay. (YES! That's the real name of it.) My parents, Gram and Poppy, took Ben and me crabbing one morning. They thought the other kids were a bit too young to enjoy this pass time yet. And it's a lucky thing they let me go along - I ended up being the best "netter" out of the four of us!! :-) Of ALL the things that my father does to perfection, netting a crab is certainly NOT one of them! I think he honestly thought if he just moved more slowly that he could sneak up on them. Oh my! We'll have to work on his technique for next year...

I promise there are more pics to come...just not tonight! Oh, how I long for normalcy...

1 comment:

  1. Well-- at least you may get to have some fun picking out new carpets? I hope things are back to normal soon.... it's tricky enough dealing with post-vacation, and much crazier dealing with soggy basements! Thinking of you! --chris f

    ReplyDelete